By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A consultant to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays via prime foreign scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a huge variety of themes comparable to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for extra examining on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a thesaurus of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
Because the booklet of his groundbreaking books Writing with no academics and Writing with strength, Peter Elbow has revolutionized how humans take into consideration writing. Now, in Vernacular Eloquence, he makes an important new contribution to either perform and concept. The middle proposal is easy: we will enlist virtues from the language job most folks locate easiest-speaking-for the language task most folks locate hardest-writing.
Nursing and midwifery scholars are required to speak in writing in numerous varieties, for numerous capability audiences together with their colleagues, allied wellbeing and fitness execs, directors and, most significantly, their sufferers and the general public. Dena Bain Taylor is an skilled instructor of writing and demanding abilities around the diversity of allied health and wellbeing professions, and knows the kinds of writing nursing and midwifery scholars do and the writing matters they face.
The 9 essays during this quantity provide severe reviews of the diversity of King’s public discourse as types of sermonic rhetoric. They specialise in 5 different and relative brief examples from King’s physique of labor: “Death of Evil at the Seashore,” “Letter from Birmingham Jail,” “I Have a Dream,” “A Time to wreck Silence,” and “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop.
This clean method of scriptwriting, cutting edge well-liked and technique, contains either creativity and significant appraisal as crucial equipment in writing for the display. modern case stories, in-depth analyses and interactive routines create a wealth of principles for these wishing to paintings within the or deepen their learn of the perform.
- The Science of Writing: Theories, Methods, Individual Differences and Applications
- Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall