By Mary H. Guindon
A Counseling Primer offers an advent to the counseling occupation that offers scholars with a origin for achievement. This enticing and obtainable textual content covers the center CACREP average Orientation with a finished assessment of the sector. It:
- Anticipates the questions of starting scholars with a chain of chapters that ask who counselors (and consumers) are, what counseling is, while and the place it really is practiced, and why counselors decide on the profession.
- Introduces scholars to the fundamentals of crucial attending and listening talents.
- Challenges readers with case vignettes and dialogue questions.
- Encourages self-reflection and gives talents for remark of others.
- Supports scholar studying with wide pedagogical beneficial properties and resources.
- Enhances the studying event with a strong on-line instructor’s manual.
This attractive textbook is filled with precious positive factors to augment the training adventure. each one bankruptcy contains "points to ponder", case examples, an "in perform: what could you do?" vignette with dialogue questions, and a bankruptcy precis. A self-reflection journaling workout, termed the TFAC Chart (Thoughts, emotions, activities, Context) reinforces the fabric from each one bankruptcy and allows scholar growth.
A Counseling Primer: An creation to the Profession is observed by means of a wealthy array of supplementary fabrics which are made to be had to qualifying adopters and their scholars thoroughly at no cost. Our on-line assets are hosted at the Moodle path administration system.
Instructor assets include:
- A pattern direction syllabus
- Chapter-by-chapter PowerPoint lecture slides
- Chapter-by-chapter teacher Notes, together with bankruptcy precis, studying pursuits, and directions for advised in-class actions and assignments
- An interactive attempt financial institution for every bankruptcy (including a number of selection, real or fake, and essay query formats).
- The exams and notes can be found for obtain via teachers in various necessary codecs, to fit your needs.
Student fabrics include:
- TFAC (Thoughts, emotions, activities, and Context) Journaling kinds for self-reflection
- Class handouts for assigned and non-compulsory assessment activities
Read or Download A Counseling Primer: An Introduction to the Profession PDF
Similar psychological education & training books
Occupation improvement - the approaches that form a person's occupation over his or her lifestyles - is a comparatively new box of study in utilized psychology. In a high quality of lifestyles method of profession improvement, Geoffrey S. Peruniak attracts from philosophy, sociology, literature, anthropology, psychology, political technological know-how, and economics to shape a brand new, holistic method of occupation improvement that extends past paid paintings to incorporate all elements of lifestyles.
This quantity addresses the real challenge of realizing solid college instructing, and specializes in the pondering, ideals, and data, which accompany lecturers' activities. it's the first e-book to handle this sector and it can provide to develop into a landmark quantity within the box - aiding us to appreciate a posh sector of human job and increase either educating and studying.
`This is one other good deliberate and good equipped textbook in particular geared toward scholars in education as counsellors and psychotherapists, who've already accomplished an introductory path' - British magazine of information and Counselling`Richard Nelson-Jones' concentrate on skilling the buyer presents a invaluable toolkit, making specific what's implicit in lots of counselling types.
Redacción Científica del año 2016 en eltema Psicología - Psicología del aprendizaje, investigación de l. a. inteligencia, Universidad Metropolitana del Ecuador, Materia: 2016, Idioma: Español, Resumen: El presente artículo científico concierne a las posiciones teóricas sobre l. a. estructuración organizacional de aquello que es weak de ser aprendido, a saber, conocimientos e instrumentaciones.
Additional resources for A Counseling Primer: An Introduction to the Profession
A Counseling Primer: An Introduction to the Profession by Mary H. Guindon