By Sadik Kakaç,Hongtan Liu,Anchasa Pramuanjaroenkij
Heat exchangers are crucial in quite a lot of engineering purposes, together with strength vegetation, autos, airplanes, technique and chemical industries, and heating, air-con and refrigeration structures. Revised and up to date with new challenge units and examples, Heat Exchangers: choice, score, and Thermal layout, 3rd Edition provides a scientific therapy of a number of the varieties of warmth exchangers, concentrating on choice, thermal-hydraulic layout, and rating.
Topics mentioned include:
- Classification of warmth exchangers in keeping with various criteria
- Basic layout tools for sizing and score of warmth exchangers
- Single-phase pressured convection correlations in channels
- Pressure drop and pumping strength for warmth exchangers and their piping circuit
- Design suggestions for warmth exchangers topic to fouling
- Double-pipe warmth exchanger layout methods
- Correlations for the layout of two-phase movement warmth exchangers
- Thermal layout tools and tactics for shell-and-tube, compact, and gasketed-plate warmth exchangers
- Thermal layout of condensers and evaporators
This 3rd version comprises new chapters. Micro/Nano warmth Transfer explores the thermal layout basics for microscale warmth exchangers and the enhancement warmth move for purposes to warmth exchanger layout with nanofluids. It additionally examines single-phase pressured convection correlations in addition to circulation friction elements for microchannel flows for warmth move and pumping energy calculations. Polymer Heat Exchangers introduces an alternate layout alternative for purposes hindered via the working obstacles of metal warmth exchangers. The appendices give you the thermophysical homes of varied fluids.
Each bankruptcy comprises examples illustrating thermal layout tools and strategies and suitable nomenclature. End-of-chapter difficulties let scholars to check their assimilation of the material.