By Ton Otto,Nils Bubandt
- Represents the 1st quantity to think about the fashionable function of holism as a relevant anthropological challenge throughout a variety of anthropological traditions
- Critically examines the previous and current crisis of holism and its capability for the renewal of destiny practice
- Features contributions from prime anthropologists which debate how anthropology may be re-designed within the context of a altering world
- Challenges a lot of modern anthropology's imperative tools, idea, and functions
Read or Download Experiments in Holism: Theory and Practice in Contemporary Anthropology PDF
Best anthropology books
Contemporary debates approximately nationwide identification, belonging and group team spirit can seem to recommend that ethnicity is a static entity and that ethnic distinction is a resource of clash in itself – Ethnicities and Values in a altering global offers another account of ethnicity. This quantity brings jointly a global group of top students within the box of ethnic reports as a way to study cutting edge articulations of ethnicity and problem the competition that ethnicity is static or that it inevitably represents conventional values and cultures.
Rational self-interest is frequently noticeable as being on the center of liberal monetary concept. within the energy on the finish of the financial system Brian Massumi offers another rationalization, arguing that neoliberalism is grounded in complicated interactions among the rational and the emotional. delivering a brand new thought of political financial system that refuses the liberal prioritization of person selection, Massumi emphasizes the skill by which an individual’s affective developments resonate with these of others on infra-individual and transindividual degrees.
On the grounds that its e-book in 1905, The Scarlet Pimpernel has skilled international good fortune, not just as a singular yet in theatrical and picture variations. Sally Dugan charts the heritage of Baroness Orczy's elusive hero, from the novel's origins via its carrying on with afterlife, together with postmodern appropriations of the parable.
The aim of the e-book is to plan an alternate conceptual vocabulary for learning innovation through stressing the function of social, contextual and cultural views. This vocabulary is drawn on a carrier and on sociological views on innovation in keeping with the ontological assumption that innovation is a price co-creation subject and that it occurs in a truth that's a number of, built and socially embedded.
- Inventing the Pizzeria: A History of Pizza Making in Naples
- Kristijonas Donelaitis (1714-1780). Zwischen Theologie und Poesie (German Edition)
- Feminist Activist Ethnography: Counterpoints to Neoliberalism in North America
- Death and the Ancestors: A Study of the Mortuary Customs of the LoDagaa of West Africa
Extra resources for Experiments in Holism: Theory and Practice in Contemporary Anthropology
Experiments in Holism: Theory and Practice in Contemporary Anthropology by Ton Otto,Nils Bubandt